Cambridge Guardian Angels works closely with a small number of trusted transport providers.
Our drivers have many years experience working with our schools and students. All young children will be met on arrival by a driver who is known to us and security checked. Our drivers check flight times, allowing for delays, provide a ‘meet and greet’ airport pick up service and contact us straight away if a student or flight is delayed. For younger students the drivers are known to the Airlines and will check unaccompanied minors through and see them safely into the departure halls before they hand over responsible to the Airport staff. They then call us confirming each student has departed or arrived safely with all their belongings, ensuring we can pass this information onto parents. When our younger students are travelling alone we are able to track their progress using GPS location apps.
Our students are children in the age range 8 to 18 years, so the highest priority is always the safety and wellbeing of the child while in our care and our London drivers exceed the TFL requirements when carrying young people.
Here are some guidelines and requirements to help ensure the smooth transport of our students we share with all our drivers.
· Collect only the specified CGA student(s). Do not pick up other passengers, even if the student asks you to take a friend going to the same destination.
· Take the student directly to the specified destination. Do not drop the student at a friend’s house or stop-off at a shop.
· The student should never be left alone or without supervision by an appropriate adult.
· The most critical situations are at airports. Please ensure the student is met on arrival, and handed over to airport staff for departure. The student should never be just dropped at the kerbside.
· The driver will be acting as the responsible adult supervising the student, and may need to fill in unaccompanied minors paperwork for airport departures. The driver will need photo identification (driving licence or passport) and we need the driver name etc in advance.
· The driver must be prepared to stay with the student if their flight departure is delayed, or wait if their arriving flight is delayed.
. When a student has arrived at their destination can the driver send one of us a quick message to let us know the child is with the host family, back at school or gone through for their flight.
CGA will provides all drivers with-
· The child’s name and any other passengers.
· Details of the meeting point in arrivals for collection, how you will recognise each other.
· Details of the drop off point for departures, and who you will hand over the child to.
· Flight number, arrival/departure time, origin/destination.
· Contact name and phone number for: The student; CGA emergency; CGA travel administrator; School (emergency, boarding house); Host family; Parents.
CGA contacts are Julia (07719 606770) Alison and Katy
A signed letter of authorisation accompanies each driver in London.